Choosing between ice cream and a cocktail is not a decision you have to make often.
But still, we're bullish on any initiative that combines the two and makes it perfectly acceptable to eat ice cream for happy hour.
If said ice creams are based on world-class cocktails, even better.
The Boozy Capsule is a new collection from OddFellows Ice Cream that translates craft cocktails made by talented bartenders in New York, Sidney, Barcelona and Mexico City into delicious ice creams. It's available now for nationwide shipping and can also be found at OddFellows’ New York and Boston stores.
This launch coincides with the opening of OddFellows' new flagship store in Williamsburg's Domino Park, which will feature 24 inventive flavors, as well as a menu of beers, wines and boozy floats and popsicles.
To celebrate the occasion, OddFellows’ Chef and Co-Founder, Sam Mason, wanted to highlight the hard-hit hospitality industry while paying homage to some of the world’s best bars. He worked with an array of craft spirits, liqueurs and other ingredients typically found in drinks to create the collection.
The ice creams include:
- Death & Co.'s Buko Gimlet: Coconut water sorbet infused with New York Distilling Company’s Dorothy Parker gin, Novo Fogo cachaça, Kalani coconut liqueur, lime and pandan
- Two Schmucks' Strawberry Kush: Non-dairy sorbet that combines Bacardí Carta Blanca rum with mint, lemon, Angostura bitters, saline and cardamom
- Long Island Bar's Cosmopolitan: Cranberry-lime sorbet infused with Absolut Citron vodka and Cointreau
- Maybe Sammy's La Finca: Coffee ice cream infused with Mr. Black cold brew coffee liqueur and Oloroso sherry with gems of Manuka honey
- Attaboy’s Penicillin: Sweet cream whisky ice cream infused with Dewar’s blended scotch and a hint of lemon, gems of honey and candied ginger
- Limantour's Mr Pink: Sweet cream gin ice cream infused with New York Distilling Company’s Dorothy Parker gin and nuggets of grapefruit sorbet infused with rosemary, lime, basil and orange bitters
Eating these boozy ice creams doesn't just benefit you. OddFellows is donating 10% of proceeds to Another Round Another Rally, the charity providing education and emergency aid to hospitality pros in need.
Helping people tastes so good.