Telling someone to "meet me in a quiet, upstairs bar by the Lincoln Tunnel," may seem like a surefire way to get swiped right out of modern dating existence.
Presenting Ada's Place, a sexy cocktail, wine and spirits spot above Legacy Records, which, as you know, is from the same people behind Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones and, conveniently, Legacy Records. It's open right now in the rapidly developing real estate economy of Hudson Yards.
Here's what you need to know:
- They've made a stairway of brass and mahogany for you to get there from Legacy.
- There's also marble, tufted green velvet, an Insta-mural and a deep orange aura. That's the vibe.
- The cocktails are the brainchild of Jeff Bell of PDT and last year's Best American Bartender.
- Arvid Rosengren is of course behind the wine and spirits, because he's literally been crowned the Best Sommelier of the World. He's brought a bourbon that predates prohibition, Chartreuse that predates the Eisenhower administration, 45 classic European bottles of wine and 250 glasses.
- Ryan Hardy's on the bar bites, so you're covered there (menu covered here). Try the burger. It's got black truffle and mozzarella.
- It should go without saying, but pre- and post-date drinks are the primary use for this space.
- You can take a look at some food and the space right here.