Della Reese has died. Elephants are probably next. And, on a personal note, my headphones won’t untangle and it’s brought me to the verge of tears. But once in awhile, as you scroll through your Twitter feed, seeing bombing after groping allegation after rare-animal extinction notice, you’ll see a funny meme. Those little funny memes are life-in-2017's silver linings. And since it is the season of gratitude and eating many types of pies, here is a list of things that are objectively good that we should be grateful for, right this minute:
- Some artisanal cheese company made this ad and released it.
Thanks, accidentally hysterical ad campaign gif making person. I'll never be able to read Artisanal "normally" again. pic.twitter.com/w2RARGXbRn
— Adam P. Knave (@adampknave) November 17, 2017
- The second season of Search Party is off to a great start. The cast, which includes Alia Shawkat, John Early, and John Reynolds, manages to make murder hilarious.
- Despite the many uncertainties in the world, the Victoria's Secret fashion show was last night and is something we can consistently count on. Year after year we get to see the latest in practical undergarment technology.
- Paris Hilton and Britney Spears invented selfies 11 years ago. Where would we be without them?
11 years ago today, Me & Britney invented the selfie! pic.twitter.com/1byOU5Gp8J
— Paris Hilton (@ParisHilton) November 19, 2017
- I’m thankful for the my inability to truly keep up with the Kardashians, meaning all news I hear about them feels like a true surprise. I don’t even know how many of them are pregnant right now!
- The Nigerian women's bobsled team.
- The majority of the internet agreed with me that Blake Shelton is not the sexiest man alive.
- I’ve tricked the Facebook algorithm into thinking I want to buy a frozen tongue. It’s a mystery to me as why they’re pushing this on me so hard, but I’ll let it stand.
- Wawa exists.
- I am thankful for my roommate's friend’s step-dad’s HBO login so I can watch Sex and The City and feel culturally tuned into 2002.
- Serena Williams got married and shared the photos of her wedding with us and they were so gorgeous none of us questioned why there were end tables along the aisle.
- When bus drivers do that little honk and wave to one another. Wow, always delights me!
- I love that ill fitting jeans are trendy now and I never have to buy new jeans again (or until it goes out of style.)
- I feel humbled every time I remember Jessica Simpson is tangentially related to Diana Ross and how that seems unfair. I can’t control these things. None of us can. Let’s make peace with it.
- I am thankful for Amtrak trains, for providing us with a classy way to travel that isn’t as scary as planes.
- This Navy pilot who drew a dick in the sky.