Let us begin.
1) A downright giant Italian restaurant named Salute opens tonight in the Red Rock resort. Yes, that’s in Summerlin. And you can see it right now, right here.
2) The chef is a third-generation pizza man from Naples. Third-generation pizza people simply don’t exist elsewhere.
3) The entranceway here is all imported Italian marble, and it opens up into a stunningly sexy 4,000-square-foot dining room.
5) There’s also an antipasto bar. It’s for eating things like crispy zucchini flowers, garlicky grilled langoustines and other delicious comestibles that are defiantly not pasta.
6) Veal meatballs, black-truffle tagliatelle and this menu.
7) The panoply of Italian and American wines at your disposal. Of the sort that pair well with Reason #6.
8) Innovative drinks like their Campania Sour—a delicate mélange of lavender bitters, vodka, herbal liqueurs, citrus, simple syrup and egg white.
9) A date can’t very well object to any of this.
10) It’s not that long a drive.