If you miss talking to your bartender or want to interact with a chef who's not also your roommate, you're in luck.
Delicious Experiences is a new platform that hosts one-on-one classes with award-winning chefs, sommeliers, spirits experts, authors and other people you'd like to learn from.
Scroll through the website, and you'll see a diverse bunch of options ranging from whiskey and wine tastings to lessons on burgers, breakfast and Sichuan cuisine.
These workshops aren't pre-recorded videos or annoyingly large Zoom gatherings where that one guy just can't figure out how to mute his mic. Instead, they're private experiences that typically last one-to-two hours and pair you with experts for conversations and instruction.
A few of those workshops include:
- Fresh pasta-making with some of Florence’s top cooking instructors, in which you'll learn to roll handmade dough and create perfect tomato sauce.
- A whiskey appreciation class with expert Simone Dyson, who covers the many styles of whiskey and helps you train your nose and palate.
- Breakfast of Champions with Toronto chef Anthony Rose, as he guides you through cooking perfect scrambled eggs, scratch-made breakfast sausage, sweet-and-salty cornbread with pimento cheese, hash browns and other essentials.
- A masterclass on noodles with chef Vivian Pei, who will help you prepare dishes from Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore.
- "Badass Burgers" with James Beard Award-winning chef Nate Appleman. Yes, fries are included.
And there's plenty more, from classes on learning to pair wine with food to hands-on lessons where you'll cook authentic dishes from Philadelphia, Israel and Chengdu.
So, prepare to be very well-rounded.