Things to do for March 29, 2012

The Weekender

Lobsters, Ibiza and a Grilled Cheese Happy Hour

The weekend is nobody’s fool.

Thursday
A Grilled Cheese Happy Hour
GOUDA VIBRATIONS

A Grilled Cheese Happy Hour

Long week. You could use a drink (or multiple). Also, a grilled-till-golden gruyère, leek and pancetta sandwich. Here to assist with your incredibly specific request: Little Muenster. They’re hosting a happy hour now. Two-for-one High Lifes. Two-for-one Coronas. Enough grilled cheese to choke a rhino.

Strip House Times Two
STRIP JOINT

Strip House Times Two

Here’s something you’ll never object to: aggressive steakhouse expansion. Sort of like what’s happening with village chop shop Strip House. They’ve got a new grill next door. And it’s got the same menu as the old place. Plus: burgers, a filet mignon sandwich and lobster frites. Now if only Heinz made a drawn butter.

Ibiza: The Pop-Up
PARTY LINE

Ibiza: The Pop-Up

You can’t remember the last time you had an evening involving strobe lights. Sad. But behold, there’s a solution. A founding member of the Red Egg crew is throwing an Ibiza-themed pop-up party starting tonight. You can probably guess what to expect. Giant balloons. Laser beams. Neon. Lots and lots of neon.

Mar 29-Apr 1, 11pm, Chrystie 141, 141 Chrystie St, 212-966-7808

A Downtown Depot of Random
MISC. INFORMATION

A Downtown Depot of Random

We can predict with 97.7% certainty exactly what you’ll want at any moment (right now: a lean pastrami sandwich and a hammock). But for the other 2.3% of the time, there’s this place. A SoHo boutique stocked full of fine miscellanea. Like varsity jackets. And Vans shoes adorned with Winnie the Pooh.

Sunday
Here Come the Terrace Bars
SUNNY SIDE

Here Come the Terrace Bars

Sunday is April 1. Which means: 1) Trust nobody. 2) It’s officially time to start drinking on rooftops/balconies/verandas/patios/
porticos/esplanades again. Like... the newly reopened terrace at Crosby Bar. They’ll be operating seven days a week (starting at 8am). And they’ll be serving Cherry Pie Martinis. No à la mode necessary.

Elsewhere on the Daddy

More Weekenders in New York