It’s hard to keep up to date with the latest celebrity “it" couples, but one partnership has broken through the sludge of “Are they official an item?" to traumatize a nation. Yes, I’m talking about Elon Musk and Grimes. The billionaire space boy and mall goth made their first official appearance as a couple at this week’s Met Gala. They met through Twitter, which is incidentally where all of us are having full on freak outs about them.
For those of you who’ve found yourself staring up past your not-yet-eaten plate of food wondering, “How did those two hit it off? What is love? Is there a goth God?” there is a Chrome Extension just for you. James Bartholomeou made an extension that replaces Elon Musk’s name with the phrase “Grimes’ Boyfriend.”
It doesn’t answer any of the questions you might have about why the founder of Tesla is swapping spit with the musician who made Art Angels, but it does make the confusion more digestible.
While he’s enjoying his newfound fame and accepting the Nobel Peace Prize for quieting twitter mobs, perhaps Bartholomeou could debut a few more Chrome extensions pertaining to other celebrity couples. A few suggestions:
- One that replaces any photos of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber reuniting with Lisa Frank dolphins and puppies.
- Any and all Kardashian-related relationship drama is phrased as "Kris Jenner's secret plan."
- All Chrissy Teigen tweets about John Legend are hidden from my feed. In their place, I am emailed a delicious recipe.
- An extension that moves every person's Personal Life section of their Wiki page to the top so I don't have to scroll down to find out who they are married to/divorced from.
- A daily reminder email that Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are a couple. Who knew?! They also have a baby.
- Replace both "Jada Pinkett Smith" and "Will Smith" with "the creators and founders of Willow and Jaden Smith."
- An alert anytime a hot single celeb is seen spotted in NYC and a map of how far away they are from.
- A self-inflicted censor for any and all mentions of one Kanye West.