Um... yeah, probably.
But today, we need not concern ourselves with such philosophical matters. Because we all saw Apeiro Kitchen & Bar coming. Yes, that massive Mediterranean spot that you may have noticed parading its imminent arrival around Midtown is finally open. (See for yourself right here.)
Now, if you would, indulge us in a quick round of Four Truths and a Lie about it:
1) It’s 6,000 square feet of hand-painted Mediterranean tile, solid wood and stained tabletops paired with an illuminated circular bar spilling out onto an alfresco patio.
2) That illuminated bar is where you can order up a poached-fig margarita or an ouzo raspberry fizz. That has ouzo. And raspberries.
3) On any given night, you can expect Moroccan-spiced lamb ribs, prime rib gyros and wood-oven-baked pita served with hummus, eggplant caponata and pistachio yogurt to grace your table.
4) Syringes filled with Nutella will be happening.
5) The word “apeiro” means “gleaned from Zeus’s teat.”
Google is your friend here, people.