Specifically, a new means for you to drink more of it, easily, at home. Which, if you’re not being honest with yourself, could be considered the most vital news of the day.
Growler Chill is a countertop draft system that taps three growlers at once to keep the draft beer flowing and your options open. It’s on Kickstarter now, it’s already been funded, and they hope to begin shipping out units this summer.
Your standard 64-ounce glass growler is a workhorse that lets you enjoy draft beer at home, at other people’s homes or wherever else you like to drink cold beverages. But once you open it, you’d better drink quickly, because that beer starts going flat. But this thing turns your growlers into what’s basically a three-keg bar full of fresh beer that’ll last as long as you need it to.
Here’s how it all works:
1) Fill up a growler or three at your local growler-filling establishment.
2) Drink a pint while you wait.
3) Head home, and replace the top of each jug with the included “Magic Top Cap.” That’s your conduit to connecting said jugs to the machine.
4) Use the machine’s attached “Virginator” (sorry) to purge all oxygen from your growlers to keep things fresh.
5) Great, now you’re ready to invert those growlers, place them inside the refrigerated compartment and connect them to the CO2-driven tap system.
Then all that’s left to do is pull the tap handles, dispense beer, drink beer and await the inevitable Yelp reviews from friends complaining that your bar’s only got three drafts.
It’s hard to win sometimes.